- 1 What is a portable DVD Player?
- 2 Which portable dvd player for car should I go for ??
- 3 Сompare 5 dvd portable player in 2017
- 4 Philips 9-inch LCD Dual Screen Portable DVD Player PD9012/37 – 5th place
- 5 Sylvania Portable DVD Player 7-Inch, Swivel Screen SDVD7027-C – 4th place
- 6 Sylvania 13.3-inch Swivel Screen Portable DVD Player – 3rd place
- 7 DBPower 9.5-inch Portable DVD Player with Rechargeable Battery – 2nd place
- 8 DBPower 10.5-inch Portable DVD Player with Swivel Screen and Rechargeable Battery – 1st place
With the era of reformed technology, come a handful of appliances and electronic devices/gadgets, which we either desire or long for. Not only does it provide our home or car with a new and a reformed look, but also are quite essential. In this article, let us take a “Portable DVD Player” and see what this best of a gadget is capable of.
What is a portable DVD Player?
You must have heard or seen big home theatres or DVD players, which provide good music as well as movie experiences at homes. Portable dvd player for car is a device that you can carry around to make your music and movie experiences more flexible.
Why you needed it?
Just imagine turning your home theatre system into a portable player, which you can enjoy at any place, be it your car, or your workplace between breaks. It is extremely essential for those who are always on the move, and yet wants to catch a glimpse of the latest movies or hear out new albums.
How is it advantageous over other DVD Players?
Other DVD players are massive in size, often with external speakers, taking up enormous space on your living room. With the portable DVD Players in the market now, things have been compacted and players don’t require as much spaces as it used to take up. So, if you miss out on the latest content and don’t get enough time at your place, Portable DVD Players are exactly what you need to make your life more entertaining.
Which portable dvd player for car should I go for ??
Coming to the trickiest part of the deal, buying a portable DVD Player for kids is not as easy as you thought it to be. Now that the competition has spread massively among the brands, there are quite a few things that you need to take a look at before you put your hands on one.
- Price: The most important thing to look for is your value for money. Go for a product, which suits your budget, if you’re looking for cheap portable dvd player. If you’re brand conscious and only want the best in the market, then you may need to fill your pockets a bit, if you want to buy the Golden Fish.
- Functions: The functions play another important part here. Before you buy, take look at the functions properly, or if you aren’t quite sure, ask the salesman to give you a demo of all the provided functions. The more functions, the better and more flexible the Player is.
- Equipment: Along with all the detailed working and the function, take a look at what the equipments are being provided with the DVD Player. If there are External speakers, it is even better. If they don’t provide speakers and cables, you might not want to invest in those, since it will cost and additional amount to buy all the necessary equipments separately.
- Manufacturer: As mentioned earlier, the reputation too plays a big part in clouding someone’s desire and judgment. The better the brand is, the more reputation it will have, and as a result, more people like us would be willing to invest on it. Make sure that you buy the product of a reputed manufacturer only.
- Dimensions: Coming to the size, the term “portable” itself implies that it is small and compact, ready to port. Having said that, there are Players which are actually very heavy to hold as they are bigger than other compared products and will consume unnecessarily more space than a perfect Portable DVD Player should. Buy one which fits the place where you plan to keep it.
- Material: When you buy the player, you might want to look at the material with which it is made up of. Though it does not concern most of the people, it is quite essential at maintaining the balance in our ecosystem. Try not to go for products which the damage the air you breathe in; rather go for a more eco-friendly material. With modern technology, products are being made of eco-friendly substances.
Сompare 5 dvd portable player in 2017
|1st place||2nd place||3rd place||4th place||5th place|
|DBPOWER 10.5" Portable DVD Player with Rechargeable Battery, Swivel Screen, SD Card Slot and USB Port - Black||DBPOWER 9.5-Inch Portable DVD Player with Rechargeable Battery, SD Card Slot and USB Port - Red||Sylvania 13.3-Inch Swivel Screen Portable DVD Player (SDVD1332) with USB/SD Card Reader||Sylvania Portable DVD Player SDVD7027-C, 7-Inch, Swivel Screen, Black||Philips PD9012/37 LCD Dual Screen Portable DVD Player, 9-inch - Black (Certified Refurbished)|
| (4.7 / 5)|
58 customer reviews
| (3.9 / 5)|
628 customer reviews
| (3.9 / 5)|
1,323 customer reviews
| (3.8 / 5)|
2,363 customer reviews
| (2.7 / 5)
291 customer reviews
|TFT -LCD display |
rotates 360 degrees
|TFT -LCD display |
Swivel Screen, rotates 360 degrees
|13.3-Inch TFT LCD |
Swivel Screen to 180 Degrees and lie flat
|TFT -LCD display |
swivels up to 360 degrees
16:9 aspect ratio
|22.9 cm (9")
TFT color widescreen
LCD display 640x220
|USB and SD card reader||USB and SD card reader||USB and SD Card Reader||USB and SC, MMC card reader||-|
|10.5 Inch||9.5 Inch||13.3 Inch||7 inch||9 inch|
|DVD +-R/RW, CD-R/RW, MP3, Jpeg||DVD, DVD+/-RW,|
MP3, JPEG photos,
CD and CD-RW Playback
|Includes AC and Car Adapter,|
Remote Control, User Manual,
|Includes AC and Car Adapter,|
User Manual,AV Cable,
|Built in Rechargeable Battery, AC and Car Adapter, Remote Control, Ear buds||Car Straps, AC power adapter, |
vehicle power adapter,
A/V cable, carrying bag,
remote control, stereo earphones
|Items, Car kit,
Adaptor, Mounting strap.
|Buy From Amazon||Buy From Amazon||Buy From Amazon||Buy From Amazon||Buy From Amazon|
Taking all these points into consideration, we have listed 5 of the best Portable DVD Players that are currently available in the market. Take a look at our picks.
Philips 9-inch LCD Dual Screen Portable DVD Player PD9012/37 – 5th place
Philips PD9012/37 9-inch LCD Dual Screen takes the 5th position in our list. Though the brand is a reputed one, it doesn’t pack a punch as it expected to. The build-in speakers are a premium feature, but the quality of the sound is not exceptional.
Images in the 9-inch display get pixilated at times, particularly when the movie is a tad lower on quality. Navigation and Bluetooth connectivity are however good, and shows the exact location of your vehicle. The Touch screen is a little less snappy, which makes it hard for drivers to shift/change channels or play anything else.
Sylvania Portable DVD Player 7-Inch, Swivel Screen SDVD7027-C – 4th place
Sylvania SDVD7027-C have 4th position. This portable car dvd player is a great an inexpensive option for travel. Sylvania SDVD7027-C has features such as: Built-in Stereo Speakers, Headphone Jack, Single Cable Connection. This is a good dvd player. Very very comfortable for car and travel.
Sylvania 13.3-inch Swivel Screen Portable DVD Player – 3rd place
The 3rd position is taken by “Sylvania 13.3-inch Swivel Screen Portable DVD Player”. Although Sylvania is not as well a reputed brand as some of the others are, this Player is a good addition to the rack of gadgets. The screen is big, and is easier to easy. The snappy interface, the connectivity with your Bluetooth speakers and car connectivity is decent too. The Swivel feature allows the screen to be rotated 180 degrees, depending on the convenience of the user. The battery can also be recharged in your car, with the AC Car adaptor, which is provided with the set. The only reason it comes 4th on our list is because of its price. At about $105+ , this does not feel as premium as the price of the model suggests.
DBPower 9.5-inch Portable DVD Player with Rechargeable Battery – 2nd place
DBPower being one of the best brands for DVD Players, has deservedly bagged the 2nd position with its “DBPower 9.5-inch Portable DVD Player with Rechargeable Battery”. Featuring a Swivel screen which rotates 360 degree, this Player is loaded with very good features. A 5-hour of charge from the otherwise rechargeable battery, ensures that you do not miss out on any entertainment program. The formats supported in this player include USB connectivity and Bluetooth feature along with a dedicate slot for Micro SD Cards. The DVD Player supports almost all the music and video formats, so you need not worry about your songs and movies not being compatible. Being Shock resistant, it can easily be charge through the regular AC Car adaptor.
DBPower 10.5-inch Portable DVD Player with Swivel Screen and Rechargeable Battery – 1st place
The top position in our list is bagged by “DBPower 10.5-inch Portable DVD Player with Swivel Screen and Rechargeable Battery”. No wonder DBPower makes the best Potable DVD Players. The screen size is just about perfect to create the environment required for both movies and music. The built-in speakers have immense clarity and can be heard from quite a distance. Featuring a 360 degree Swivel Screen, this DVD Player is shock resistant, the extra-ordinary battery life gives you enough reason to pick this amidst all the other players. AC Car adaptor charging and USB connectivity is also a part of this system.
10 Best Portable DVD Player for Car 2017 – Video Review
There is one clear winner in our top5 list; the “DBPower 10.5-inch Portable DVD Player”. Though the 9.5-inch variant is not quite far off, but the flexibility and the quality of the product is what make the 10.5-inch variant a clear winner. The battery lasts long enough to enjoy your movies completely, and the diversity of the compatible formats, make it a clear favorite among every other cheap portable dvd player on sale. By the way, it is perfect like kids portable dvd player for car. Grab your best portable dvd player now!