- 1 Сompare best 5 Car Amplifiers 2016-2017
- 2 Best five car amplifiers
- 2.1 Kenwood KAC-9106D 2000 Watts Peak/1000 – 5th place
- 2.2 Polk Audio PA D4000.4 (PA D5000.5 900W) 800W RMS PA D Series Class-D 4-Channel Car Amplifier- 4th place
- 2.3 Kenwood Compact Automative or Marine Amplifier- 180 W RMS-400 W PMPO-4 Channel- Class D KAC- M1824BT – 3rd place
- 2.4 Pioneer GM-D8601 Class D Mono Amplifier with Wired Bass Boost Remote – 2nd place
- 2.5 Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Prime 1-Channel Class D Amplifier – 1st place
- 2.6 How to Install a Car Amplifier – Video Guide
Enjoying music in our car has been one of the most favorite things for many of us. The louder the music, the better it is, especially when you are out for long drives. If you are really into loud music, then car audio amplifier are the best option. If you are planning to run the system wide open or even if you want it to be soft so that it does not interrupt your conversation, a power amplifier will do a lot to breathe in a great amount of life into your music.
All the excitement and the particular details of your favorite track will come out wonderfully if you start using a car amplifier. As soon as you add a car amplifier, you will get a clean power source which can drive your speakers without straining. Unlike the amplifiers which are built into in-dash stereos, an external power amplifier is not limited by the space that is available. It can be designed without the compromises. This will mean that your music will produce a cleaner sound and then more defined at all the levels of volume.
Pointers that you should keep in mind before purchasing car amplifiers:
- Price: Amplifiers can reach sky-high prices and can be available at reasonable prices too. So you have to fix a budget for yourself and then decide accordingly. The major determinant, in this case, will be the kind of functions that you want for your car amplifier. Do not try to find a cheap amplifiers!
- Functions: All of the amplifiers are designed in such a manner that they can output power into different “channels”. 2-channel, 4-channel and mono block are the most common kinds of car amplifiers that are available. The functions vary depending on the number of channels so you should go through the functions of each one before settling for a kind of amplifier.
- Equipment: The kind of amplifier that you choose for your car will decide the kind of equipment that your amplifier will possess. The costlier amplifiers will have upgraded speakers. They might need more power than the in-dash receiver that you already possess. The audio systems of a car do not necessarily need large amounts of amplifier wattage in order to sound loud, so ensure these things before checking the equipment.
- Manufacturer: Always go for trustworthy manufacturers who have some amount of credibility attached to their name. Manufacturers which do not have a good amount of reputation cannot guarantee the delivery of quality service.
- Materials: The constituent materials of the amplifiers are a large factor since the amplifier would not function well if the product is not sturdily built.
Сompare best 5 Car Amplifiers 2016-2017
|1th place||2th place||3th place||4th place||5th place|
|Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Prime 1-Channel Class D Amplifier||Pioneer GM-D8601 4 Gauge 1600W Monoblock Class-D Car Amplifier + Amplifier Wiring Kit**||Kenwood 1177524 Compact Automotive/Marine Amplifier Class D Kac-M1824BT, 180W RMS, 400W PMPO, 4 Channel||Polk Audio PA D5000.5 900W RMS, 5-Channel Class D PA Series Car Amplifier (PAD5000.5),100 Watts x4; 400 Watts x1||Kenwood KAC-9106D 2000W Monoblock Class D Car Audio Power Amplifier|
| (4.8 / 5)|
560 customer reviews
| (4.5 / 5)|
346 customer reviews
| (4.4 / 5)|
73 customer reviews
| (4.2 / 5)|
32 customer reviews
| (4.1 / 5)
65 customer reviews
|300 W x 1|
4-Ohms, 500 W x 1
Frequency 20Hz to 250Hz +/-1dB
300W RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
500W RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
800W RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
bass boost 0-18 dB at 50 Hz
|Output 4Ω: 45W x 4|
Output 2Ω: 45W x 4
Output Bridged: 90W x 2
|4 ohms 125W x 4 channels|
2 ohms 200W x 4 channels
1 ohm Not Stable
Power 400W x 2 channels
4 ohms 500W x 1
2 ohms 1000W x 1
|Onboard 12dB/octave LP/HP/AP |
EQ +18dB boost at 45Hz
Cast Aluminum Heatsink
High level inputs
0°/180° Phase Switch
RCA pass-thru outputs
|Signal to Noise Ratio: 100dB|
Response: 10Hz - 240Hz
|Signal to Noise Ratio: 90dB|
Response: 20Hz-20kHz (+0dB, -1dB)
|High-Pass- 20 - 4000 Hz|
Low-Pass- 50 - 5000 Hz
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 105 dB
|Signal to Noise Ratio: 100 dB1
Low Pass: 50 - 200 Hz -24dB/oct.1
Infrasonic: 20 - 50 Hz -24dB/oct.1
Bass Boost: 40 Hz (0 -+18dB)1
|Buy From Amazon||Buy From Amazon||Buy From Amazon||Buy From Amazon||Buy From Amazon|
Check all these factors well before you decide on the car amplifier that you will buy. You have to think about factors like harmonic distortion, the response of frequency, damping factor and so on. Decide on brands that are known for producing consistently good car amplifiers since a long time. Do research on the brand and the features of the particular model before buying it.
Best five car amplifiers
After going through the trends of the markets and reviews of the customers, we have found out that these are the top five car amplifiers:
Kenwood KAC-9106D 2000 Watts Peak/1000 – 5th place
The amp work of this amplifier is of good quality and it hits almost thrice as hard as a normal audio speaker along with zero bass boost. Since it runs a 2 Ohm, it gets warm at times. The amplifier is tough and even if you have it mounted in the trunk and have various luggage around it, then also, it is just as fine. The sound of this amplifier can be heard even from a mile away. The amplifier comes with great instructions and it is easy to hook it up. You would not hear any distortion and even if you are pushing 12’s channeled, it would be great. If you need a true 2000 Watt amp, then this would be the best option. If you use it by coupling 12 inch Rockford Fosgate subs, it will work amazingly well.
Polk Audio PA D4000.4 (PA D5000.5 900W) 800W RMS PA D Series Class-D 4-Channel Car Amplifier- 4th place
The dimensions of this amplifier are more or less the same as Kenwood KAC-9106D 2000 Watts Peak/1000 Watts RMS Mono Block Class D Car Amplifier. It is 10-15 or 16 inches in length, 6-3 or 4 inches in width and 1-13 or 16 inches in height. The main features of this amplifier are 125 watts RMS *4 at 4 Ohms (4-Ohm stable in bridge mode). Also, there are separate high-pass filters that are of the variable nature meant for the front as well as rear channels (20-4000 Hz, 12 dB for per octave). These features like high pass filters and low pass filters were not present in the previous ones. They can together be combined to form a band pass filter.
Kenwood Compact Automative or Marine Amplifier- 180 W RMS-400 W PMPO-4 Channel- Class D KAC- M1824BT – 3rd place
This amplifier has the dimensions different from the earlier two amplifiers and it measures 5.69 inches in height, 1.75 inches in height and 3.88 inches in height. The frequency response if this amplifier is also pretty good, 20 Hz- 20 kHz and is better than Polk Audio PA D4000.4 (PAD4000.4) 800W RMS PA D Series Class-D 4-Channel Car Amplifier. The signal to noise ratio of this amplifier is 60 dB. The cord on the remote is 6-10 feet. It will work both when the source is Bluetooth and the audio is connected to the line level input. The size of the amplifier is very small, about that of the shoebox of a child.
Pioneer GM-D8601 Class D Mono Amplifier with Wired Bass Boost Remote – 2nd place
This amplifier has a very compact design and the maximum power is 1600 W. Pioneer is such a renowned brand that its digital amplifiers make a significant development in the power output capability of the amplifier. They are half the size of the present GM-Series Class-AB amplifiers and that is the fact which makes them more versatile when it comes to installation as well as performance. The dimensions of the product are more than the earlier amplifiers and it measures 11 inches in length, 13 inches in breadth and 5 inches in height. The tuning of the amplifier is very easy as well. The sound is very powerful and the clarity is highly commendable.
Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Prime 1-Channel Class D Amplifier – 1st place
You will be able to attain the best level of car audio perfection with this amplifier. This one is a quality-made Mono D car amplifier which is rated at 500 Watt*1 Channel at 2 Ohms RMS. The unique features that you will find in this amplifier cannot be found in any other like a MOSFET power supply along with protection against short circuits, a cast aluminum heatsink, RCA pass through outputs, as well as phase switch and power supply thermal sensing. The audio is great and it starts with a very good amp so you have to be sure of choosing the amplifier along with the remote.
The best one among the top 5 amplifiers is the Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Prime 1-Channel Class D Amplifier surely. This one delivers unparalleled performance when it comes to car amplifiers. The control panel of the amplifier works great and you would not face any problem to pair it up with your Android device. It does not have a single record of getting overheated. Also, the price is very reasonable for such a top performing car amplifier so do not waste your time anymore. Enjoy your car rides with music!